Friday, August 16, 2013

Tough Mudder?

I think I have held up pretty well the past couple weeks.
I mean it's been hard as fuck, but I think I've been pretty strong.
Most of the time I can keep busy with planning his funeral/BBQ, and talking to...people...heh heh
Sometimes it hits me though, and I just think about what he's going to miss.
He's not going to get to see Melissa or I get married or have kids.
He's never going to get married or have kids.
Things like that pass through my mind and it makes me really sad.
I only have my sisters now, but I don't really get to see them that much.
I saw Chris all the time no matter what.
I know I've said it before, but fuck he was a huge part of me.
He really took most of who I am with him when he died.
I just feel so lost without him.
I'm so grateful for the people that have been in my life, especially recently.
I'm pretty sure if I didn't have them to take my mind off Chris and to keep be busy it'd be all bad.
I mean I wouldn't go back to how I was before, but I might have lost it without these people.
Saturday is his memorial, and we are having a barbecue like he always wanted.
I'm kind of sad because it's the last and final goodbye.
Like Saturday I feel like it's going to get real.
This whole fucking thing is so surreal.
It still feels like he's in the hospital.
Fuck.
I just want to lay in his bed and talk about hos like we used to.
I'm really fucking sad, but I am trying to keep a smile cause everyone else has seem to have moved on.
I'm still stuck with the fact I had to watch him die.
I still see his face when I close my eyes.
The memory of that night is stuck in my brain and is stuck on repeat.
I catch myself thinking of what I could've done different.
I feel like I could've saved him somehow.
I know there was no way he would've made it, but I can't let myself relax.
I fucking hate my brain sometimes.
That overthinking motherfucker.
Trying to leave this post on a good note.
Tomorrow night we are going to Mallards to "pregame" his memorial, and to have one last shot/drink for Chris.
I miss you more than anything and my heart hurts every time I think about you.
You made me feel the worst thing I have ever had to feel.
I know you're in a better place and I hope to see you soon.
I love you so much big brother!!


No comments:

Post a Comment