Monday, December 3, 2012

I don't think I've ever really talked about my past issues with addiction.
I actually don't like to think about it, let alone talk about it.
I won't get into specifics, but I had really bad problems with both barbiturates and amphetamines when I was younger.
I was high out of my mind, and a zombie, all through junior high and most of high school.
I was severely depressed, and became a shut in.
I didn't even go to high school.
I went to an independent studies program where I graduated early.
Because of all that, I became extremely anxious.
I realized after that I gained 60 pounds, and was completely disgusted with myself.
I stopped popping pills cold turkey, which sucked ass!
I had withdrawals and couldn't even tell anyone because no one knew I was even addicted.
No one really noticed or cared about me really, so I could get away with ALOT of things.
I have been completely sober for about 3-4 years, I think.
Lately it's been hard to deal with everything though.
I keep it all in and it kind of feels like how it used to be.
I kind of feel alone.
Kind of overwhelmed.
This past week I have had urges to use again.
Things and people have been brought up and its been really hard dealing with it all sober.
I don't really know anyone in my (small) direct circle of people I can talk to about this, and it is extremely hard to just grin and bear it.
I have been fine so far, but I feel like my insides are trying to explode out of my body, and my skin is crawling.
My brain is trying to slither its way out of my head.
I know that doesn't make sense, but neither does being a fucking addict...
I wish I never fucking took any pills.
I wish I never fucking got addicted to anything.
It is the only regret I have in life.
It is THEE worst feeling ever.
I made my decisions and these are the consequences tho...
I'm working through it quietly and will force myself to stay clean and strong.
Fist up!

No comments:

Post a Comment