Sunday, April 29, 2012

This has been on my mind for a little while.
I reeeeeeeally hate talking about family shit, but here it goes...
People have called me ghetto and a hoodrat in the past, and I generally just laugh it off or make a joke.
I mean I am technically from the hood and my family is full of OG's, but I'm not tryna be down to ride anymore.
I mean, I never really was down to ride in the first place.
I've seen where that hood shit can get a person, and I don't want to go down that road.
I made my mind up when I was young.
I could've very easily went down that road and been a banga.
I also could've been slangin.
That shit isn't for me.
I want to have opportunities that that shit won't ever give me.
I have fought for everything I have, and have to keep fighting for what I want.
As a child I have gone hungry.
I have almost been homeless a couple times.
Growing up our house was almost taken away more than twice.
I never really got anything new, unless it was a special occasion.
I have to work hella hard to pay my way.
But I am fucking proud to have come from an impoverished background.
Its just sometimes I feel like I am too ghetto for people.
I mean dudes I've been with or talked to that have been "white-bred" or that have had "good" childhoods don't really get where I'm coming from.
And its even with friends.
I have many people in my life who don't know anything about what its like to go without water, food, or have to scrounge for clothes.
And I'm not sayin I'm better/worse or anything like that, but I just feel like sometimes its hard to connect with people who don't know.
I feel like when I do speak "like a hoodrat" or do "ghetto" things they look at me crazy or something.
I mean maybe its a sence of not feeling good enough?
Meh, I don't know.
I don't think I'm explaining it how I want to.
I just needed to vent about it either way, so yeah...
That's shit.


No comments:

Post a Comment