Saturday, March 10, 2012

On my mind...

So I was talking about this with someone earlier...and I can go on for hours on this topic.
I've written so many papers on it.
It's bullying.
It is one of the thing I am most passionate about.
I am currently trying to find an organization to team up with in order to at least make a dent in stopping this.
I don't really talk about it, but bullying has really fucked me up.
Like really.
I didn't leave my bedroom for four years because I had so much anxiety from being emotionally tortured in junior high.
I had extreme social anxiety along with general anxiety, which I am still working on.
I stopped living for those years.
No one deserves to be made into a hollowed out being.
I just can't believe how stupid schools are.
I mean it's great schools are adopting anti-bullying and saying the school is against it, but what are you DOING to stop it.
Words are just that, words...
There needs to be actions behind those words to make a REAL difference.
Turning a blind eye to someone getting picked on is not being anti-bullying.
Take for example the most recent shooting in Ohio.
He was crying out for help for a long time.
Not only were there police reports that his parents both abused him, but he posted pictures and statuses on Facebook exclaiming his turmoil.
No one did anything.
Someone needed to be there for him, but everyone in his life failed him.
People say he wasted his life killing those kids, but where were they to help him?
Did they try to reach out to him?
Did they try to help out some how?
He was alone.
He was desperate.
He was angry.
He had enough.
There are too many kids exactly like him, and nobody is there to help them.
There needs to be more than advertisements and people saying they're needs to be an end to bullying.
There needs to be actual consequences ad repercussions.
This needs to end.
And don't think I'm all talk.
As I said I am looking for an organization or program to help, but also am working toward starting up my own place where I can help kids being bullied.
Most of these kids just need an outlet and someone to be there for them.
I'm determined to help at least one kid with their struggles.
Will you fight with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment